How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Switching to a new iPhone is definitely an exciting thing! Whenever we have a new smartphone, the first thing we have to do is to transfer data. Among them, the contact is one of the most important data in the phone, because the most basic function of the phone is to communicate. So how to transfer the address book quickly? Here are five ways to help you quickly transfer contacts from one iPhone to another.
- 1. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Sync
- 2. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Backup
- 3. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with AirDrop
- 4. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iMazing
- 5. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Wondershare TunesGo
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Sync
iCloud is Apple’s cloud platform used to synchronize data between devices. Therefore, you can use iCloud sync to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
As long as you log in with the same Apple ID on your iPhone and turn on the contact sync option, your contacts will be synced between iPhones. The specific steps are as follows:
- Make sure that both iPhones are logged in with the same Apple ID and connected to Wi-Fi.
- On both phones, open “Settings”, tap your name, and then tap “iCloud”.
- Find the “Contacts” and turn it on, then select “Merge” when asked if you want to merge the contacts. (Since the data in both iPhones are uploaded to iCloud first and then synchronized to both iPhones, you need to synchronize all contacts to both devices.)
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Backup
If you bought a new iPhone and need to move all the contacts from the old iPhone to the new iPhone, you can use iCloud backup to have it done.
To begin with, you need to back up your old iPhone:
- Make sure the old iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Tap [your name]> iCloud.
- Make sure the “Contacts” switch is turned on.
- Select “iCloud Backup” and tap “Back Up Now”.
In the new iPhone, follow the steps below to transfer contacts from the old iPhone to the new iPhone:
- Turn on the new iPhone and follow the instructions on the screen until a screen asking you to select a WiFi network appears.
- Select the WiFi network you want to join.
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Select the latest backup, and your contacts and all other contents in the backup will be automatically loaded on your new iPhone.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with AirDrop
AirDrop is another convenient way to transfer your contacts from one iPhone to another. But please note that AirDrop only allows you to transfer one contact at a time. If you want to transfer all contacts from iPhone to iPhone via AirDrop, there will be a lot of annoying and tedious repetitive operations. To quickly transfer all contacts from iPhone to iPhone at once, please check the other methods in this article.
- Turn on AirDrop on both iPhones.
- Run the “Contacts” application on the source iPhone and select the contacts you want to transfer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the contact and select “Share Contact”
- In the pop-up sharing table, select the AirDrop transfer icon of the device you want to share to.
- In the pop-up window of the target iPhone, click “Accept” to receive the contact, and then check it in the “Contacts” application on the target iPhone.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iMazing
iMazing is a file management application available for Mac and PC, allowing you to easily transfer files wirelessly or via USB to any iOS device or computers. With iMazing, you can transfer contacts from one iPhone to another.
- Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer.
- Launch iMazing and connect two iPhones to your computer, and click “Trust this computer”.
- In the left sidebar, select the iPhone (source device) where you want to transfer contacts.
- In the “Actions” panel, select “Transfer to another Device.” This will open the transfer wizard.
- Click the check box next to the target device to select the target device, and then select “Next”.
- Under the data, click the “Customize” button to select the data to be transferred, here we need to select “Contact”, and then select the name of the target device.
- Click “Next” and follow the wizard.
- iMazing will start the transfer process, first backing up the source device, and then restoring the backup to the target device. Then the target device will restart, and all the contacts you want to transfer one iPhone are on another iPhone.
Wondershare TunesGo is an easy-to-use and efficient application for managing your contacts and moving them from one device to another. With Wondershare TunesGo, you can move contacts from one iPhone to another with one click. In addition, you can selectively transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with it.
Option 1: Phone to Phone Contact Transfer
- Download Wondershare TunesGo, run it, and connect the two iPhones to the computer with USB cables.
- Select the source device from the upper left corner of the window, and click the “Phone to Phone Transfer” option on the main screen.
- Now the interface will ask you to select the target device. Just select the target device from the drop-down menu to complete this operation. Then, click the “Next” button to continue.
- From the pop-up window, you can simply select the type of data file you want to transfer. In order to transfer contacts, please select the “Contacts” option and then click the “Transfer” button.
Option 2: Selectively Transfer Contacts
- Launch Wondershare TunesGo and connect both iPhones to the computer.
- Select the source device from the upper left corner of the window.
- Now, click the “Information” tab on the application interface. Here, you can get a list of messages, SIM card contacts, phone contacts, etc. from the source device.
- Just select the contacts you want to transfer, then select the “Export”> “to Device”, select your iPhone that you want to save the contacts.
Switching to a new iPhone may seem like a daunting task, but it is easier than it seems. In this guide, you have learned five ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Whether it is via iCloud Sync, iCloud Backup, AirDrop, or third-party software iMazing or TunesGo, you can choose the most suitable way to transfer contacts according to your needs.