How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
It is very convenient to use an iPhone to shoot videos. However, if you often take videos, you will find that the iPhone’s storage space (including iCloud’s 5GB free space) will quickly run out because the videos are so large and take up a lot of space in the iPhone. If you don’t want to spend money to upgrade iCloud storage or delete some videos on the iPhone, it is necessary to transfer the videos from the device to the computer to free up space. Here I introduce some common and relatively simple methods to synchronize these videos from iPhone to the computer.
Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC Using Windows Photos app
If you are using a Windows computer, the “Photos” application is a very convenient way to transfer videos from iPhone to computer.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. You may see a prompt on your iPhone asking you to trust this computer, please select “Trust” or “Allow” to continue.
- Select the “Start” button on your computer, and then select “Photos” to open the “Photos” app.
- Select “Import”> “From USB Device” from the top right of the interface and then follow the instructions. You can select the videos you want to import and choose the location to save video files.
- If iCloud is enabled on your iPhone, you will not be able to transfer the videos because they are on the iCloud but not on the device.
Import videos from iPhone to Mac Using Photos app
Mac computers also have a built-in Photos application, which allows you to quickly transfer videos from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to Mac computers.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Open the “Photos” app.
- The “Photos” app will display the “Import” screen, which contains all the photos and videos on the connected device. If the “Import” screen does not automatically appear, tap the name of the corresponding device in the “Photos” sidebar.
- When prompted, use the passcode to unlock the iOS device. If a prompt appears on the iOS device asking you to trust this computer, tap “Trust” to continue.
- You can select the videos you want to import, and then click “Import Selected”, or click “Import All New Items.”
Download Videos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud Photos
iCloud Photos will automatically save every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access the gallery from any device anytime, anywhere. You can download videos from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to computer with iCloud Photos.
- Make sure that you have set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, that you have turned on iCloud Photos, and that you have signed in with the same Apple ID.
- On a Windows computer, open “File Explorer” (Windows 8 or later) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7), and click “iCloud Photos” in the “Navigation” pane.
- iCloud for Windows version 11 or later: Double click the thumbnail to download the video
- iCloud for Windows version 10: New videos that you add to iCloud on another device will be automatically downloaded to your PC. To download older videos, click the “Notifications” area in the taskbar, and then click “Download Photos” in the “iCloud Photos” notification. Select the videos you want to download by year.
- iCloud for Windows version 7: New videos that you add to iCloud on another device will be automatically downloaded to your PC. To download older photos and videos, click “Download photos and videos” in the Windows Explorer toolbar, select the videos you want to download by year, and then click “Download”.
- On a Mac computer, open the “Photos” app, choose “Photos”> “Preferences”, then select “iCloud” and click “Download Original to this Mac”.
Copy Videos from iPhone to Computer Using iMazing
iMazing is a tool that can easily save and transfer videos without iCloud or iTunes. It can preview the videos before exporting it to the computer, and get some detailed information of the videos such as file type, size, location details and so on.
To save videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer, please do the following:
- Download and start iMazing on your computer, and then connect your device.
- Choose Photos>Videos in the left sidebar.
- Select the videos you want to export in the main window.
- In the toolbar at the bottom, click the “Export” button, then select the location where you want to export, and then click “Select”.
Get Videos from iPhone to Computer Using iMobie Anytrans
Here’s another comprehensive program called iMobie Anytrans that allows you to transfer videos from iPhone iPad or iPod touch to computer in one click, including shot videos, purchased movies, homemade videos, online downloaded videos, etc.
To easily transfer videos from iPhone iPad or iPod touch to computer, follow the steps below:
- Connect your iOS device to the computer via a USB cable, and then click the “Device Manager” mode to select “Content to PC”.
- All data (including photos, videos, books, etc.) will be displayed. Uncheck “Select All”, then select the “Export Path”> “Select All Video Files” of the video, and then click the “Next” button to start copying.
- Wait for the transfer process to complete, and then you can view those videos from the folder on your computer.
Need to transfer videos from iPhone to computer to free up space on the device? Want to copy videos from iPhone to computer to back them up to avoid data loss? Need to get the videos from iPhone to computer, and then use video editing software to edit these videos? This article introduces 5 simple methods to transfer iPhone video to the computer. Among these methods, choosing the one that suits you and meets your needs is the best choice.