How to Record A Zoom Meeting on Any Devices
Zoom, a NASDAQ-listed company and headquartered in San Jose, California, is a leader in modern enterprise video communications. It has a simple and reliable cloud platform that can hold video and audio conferences, collaborate, deliver messages, and hold webinars on mobile devices, desktops and conference room systems. Zoom Rooms is a software-based meeting room solution originally used worldwide, which is used in seminars, conferences, small meeting rooms, training rooms, executive offices and classrooms. Since its establishment in 2011, Zoom has helped many companies and organizations gather their teams into an ideal environment to become more efficient.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies will choose to work remotely to save costs. When working remotely, it is inevitable to choose some remote meetings, communication and discussion. In this case, we will choose the Zoom conference we are familiar with. So, how to record the video content of the Zoom meeting? Now, I will share with you X kinds of simple and worth trying methods. Let’s take a look.
Notes on Recording Zoom Meetings
Before showing you how to record a Zoom meeting, you need to know some knowledge about the recording functions available in Zoom:
- With Zoom, you can record the entire meeting for free, but only if you record it locally on a Windows PC, Mac or Linux computer.
- You can record meetings from your Android smartphone or iPhone, but you can only record meetings in the cloud, and the cloud recording function is not free. Cloud logging is only available for paid Zoom plans (Pro, Business or Enterprise accounts).
- The local recording function of Zoom is only available if you have a Zoom account.
- In order to be able to record Zoom meetings, you need to use the Zoom application for Windows, macOS or Linux. You cannot record a Zoom meeting through a web browser.
Record A Zoom Meeting on PC
It will be very easy to record a Zoom meeting with the host’s permission. To record a Zoom video conference on Windows and Mac computer, the most convenient way is to use its built-in recorder. After entering the Zoom meeting, just click “Record” on the toolbar at the bottom of the motherboard to start recording. At the same time, if you are a free subscriber, you can record the meeting locally to your computer, if you are a paid subscriber, you can choose to record to the cloud.
After pressing “Record”, it will start recording your meeting. As long as you do this, you will see a “Recording…” message in the upper left corner of the application window. If you move the mouse cursor slightly, it will also display two controls for recording: “Pause” and “Stop recording”. In addition, these buttons are displayed in the upper left corner of the toolbar and the window at the same time.
If you want to temporarily interrupt the recording, click “Pause”. After this operation is completed, Zoom will display a “Recording pause” message, and the “Pause” button will change to “Resume”. Obviously, to continue recording, press the “Continue” button.
If you want to stop recording the zoom meeting, press the “Stop Recording” button on the toolbar at the top left or bottom of the application. After you stop the meeting recording, Zoom will display a notification on the desktop, informing you that “the recorded file will be converted to mp4 when the meeting ends”.
Record A Zoom Meeting on iOS
If you need to record a Zoom meeting on your iPhone or iPad, you can use the built-in screen recording feature of iOS to easily start capturing the entire conversation or meeting. Just pull out the control center and press the “screen recording” icon to start recording. If there is no recording function in the control center, just enable this feature in “Settings” on the device first, and you then can find it in the panel.
Record A Zoom Meeting on Android Phone
If you are a paying user, you can easily record a Zoom meeting on your Android device. These recordings will be automatically saved in the cloud instead of a local folder. Now let’s take a look at how to record a Zoom meeting on Android.
- Step 1: Tap the Zoom application on your Android device, start the meeting, and then press the “More” option to select the “Record” button.
- Step 2: Then it will start recording and you will see the “Record” icon on the screen. Here you can press the icon to stop or pause the recording.
- Step 3: After completion, you can view, share and download Zoom recordings from your Zoom account.
In addition to using the software that comes with the system, there will inevitably be many special needs in the process of recording Zoom conference videos. For example, when recording a meeting video, you may need to record your own camera, ensure the clarity of the recorded meeting video, modify the video format of the video meeting, or so on. Therefore, at this time, some professional and easy-to-use software is needed. Wondershare DemoCreator is such a software that can be used to record Zoom meetings.
Wondershare DemoCreator is a free software for recording screen and audio. It is one of the simplest video recording applications, with simple editing and recording functions. Any content on the computer display will be captured and saved in different formats, such as MOV, MP4, GIF, and MP3. Therefore, you can record Zoom meetings, music and streaming videos, and record gameplay. It’s simple editing feature allows you to split, mark, copy and paste records in the time-lapse editor. Therefore, if you are a newbie in the area, this app is really worth a try.
- Step 1: Download and install DemoCreator on your computer and launch it.
- Step 2: After starting the software, you will see the main interface. Click the “Getting Started” option and set the parameters for capturing the Zoom conference video based on your needs.
- Step 3: The main interface will have 4 different options, such as audio, screen, advanced and camera. Click Screen options to configure screen capture. Here, select the option to set a custom size later and set the frame rate as needed.
- Step 4: Now, click on the “Audio” section to configure the recording preferences for Zoom meeting recording. You need to set the microphone option to not capture and the computer audio option to capture. You need to remember that it is essential to set the microphone audio to not capture, otherwise the application will record anything from your computer microphone while capturing the Zoom meeting video. If you are in a meeting, you can turn on the microphone option.
- Step 5: In the “Camera” section, you can record video through the computer’s webcam and capture the screen meeting at the same time. On the other hand, in the advanced part, you can set shortcuts according to your own preferences, and even modify the path of the captured video according to your own wishes.
- Step 6: After completing all the configurations, click the capture option available in the lower right corner of the screen to view the recording panel for recording Zoon meetings. Now, open the Zoom meeting in the app or device browser. Adjust the size of the capture area with the help of an adjustable border to fit the playback window of the Zoom meeting.
- Step 7: When you are ready, click the “Record” option at the top of the panel or click the F10 key. If you need to pause the recording, click the F9 key and click the F9 key in the same way to continue capturing.
- Step 8: Since there is no Zoom meeting recording time limit, when the meeting is over, you can click the stop option on the panel or click the F10 key. Then the capture will stop and a window will appear on your screen. Click the Go option, and the captured file will be opened in the Video Editor, where you can easily perform some advanced or basic editing on the clip to make it look professional.
- Step 9: Now, you need to export the recording to the local storage of your computer. Click on the export option located in the lower right corner, and then you have completed the capture of the Zoom meeting.
The above are 4 ways to record Zoom videos. If you have similar needs, for example, when you are a teacher and want to save an online course with your students, you may choose one of these methods to try. Warm reminder: if there is no sound when recording Zoom video, please go back in time and focus on adjusting the “video sound source”.