How to Record Skype Calls and Videos
Skype, a popular audio and video calling platform, has lots of features such as voice chat, multi-person voice conference, multi-person video call, file transfer, text chat and so on.
As long as it is covered by the Internet, people can easily use it to communicate with friends and family and hold business meetings no matter where they are.
- 1. Record Skype Calls and Videos with Windows Game Bar
- 2. Record Skype Calls and Videos on iPhone or Android Phone
- 3. Record Skype Calls and Videos with Built-in Recording Feature
- 4. Record Skype Calls and Videos with Movavi Screen Recorder
- 5. Record Skype Calls and Videos with Icecream Screen Recorder
Record Skype Calls and Videos with Windows Game Bar
The Game Bar on Windows 10 is enough to record any video calls on the screen. All you need to do is to turn on the Game Bar in your settings. Let’s have a look at the guide on recording Skype calls and videos.
- Go to “Settings” from the “Start” menu. Click the gaming and then turn on the toggle switch to allow the Game Bar to record the screen. In addition, use this button on the controller to check the box in front of Open Game Care, and use the Windows shortcut to open the Game Bar.
- After making a Skype call, make sure there is a Game Bar on the screen to click the record button. Its shortcut is Windows key + Alt + R. This will start recording the Skype call for you.
- When finished, click the same interface to stop recording or click the same key (Windows key + Alt + R) to stop the feature.
- You can now check the local storage of Skype recordings.
Record Skype Calls and Videos on iPhone or Android Phone
To record Skype calls on your iPhone or Android phone, you can use the built-in call recording feature.
- Run the Skype application and make Skype calls.
- When you make a Skype call, tap the three-dot icon.
- Select Start recording to record Skype calls on Android or iPhone.
- Skype will tell others that you have started Skype recording.
- Stop recording on Skype. Tap and hold to record the call. Select Save to automatically save the Skype call recording to the camera roll.
- To share a Skype call recording, you can tap and hold the call recording. Then select Forward to share the Skype recorded call.
Record Skype Calls and Videos with Built-in Recording Feature
On Windows 10, Skype provides the option to record calls or videos directly from the application, which can come in handy in many situations. To record a Skype call/video on Windows 10, follow the steps below.
Tip: Before proceeding, make sure to let the person on the call know that you are about to start recording. When using this feature, the recording will be uploaded to a Microsoft server and kept there for at least 30 days therefore you need to save the recorded content as a file and transfer it to the local to save it permanently. In addition, this feature is only available for recording Skype to Skype calls.
- Open Skype.
- Choose a person from your contact list.
- Click the video call or audio call button to start the conversation.
- Click the menu (three dots) button in the lower right corner to select the option to start or stop recording.
Quick note: You can also click the stop recording option in the upper left corner of the screen.
- After completing these steps, Skype will start recording the call, regardless of whether you are using voice or video.
Although it is convenient to use Skype’s screen recording feature, the recorded videos cannot be directly saved to the local area, and only a second operation can be achieved, and the output file format cannot be selected. So here I recommend some professional video editing software, which can not only realize the screen recording conveniently and quickly, but also store the recorded content directly to the local and save it as a video in various formats.
Record Skype Calls and Videos with Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a powerful video capture software that can not only record calls, but also capture any screen activity. For all screenshots on Windows, you can install this free Windows screen recorder to do the work for you. It can capture sound, edit video, and allow you to save it for sharing. It is also very simple to use, you only need to pay the least effort.
The computer version of Movavi Screen Recorder is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10. If you are using a Mac, the screen recorder is compatible with Mac OS x 10.9 or later.
Movavi Screen Recorder makes it so easy to capture all Skype calls on Windows and Mac. More importantly, you can use it to upload videos to YouTube and Google, share screenshots via social media, and make your videos more attractive by drawing the video during recording. You can also choose to record sound from a computer or microphone without screen recording.
Follow the steps below to record Skype calls and videos.
- Adjust recording parameters
Start the Skype video recorder. Select the recording option on the pre-recording panel and place the recording frame on the Skype window. You can also manually adjust the size of the frame later. You can record your Skype call in full screen mode (HD) by stretching the frame on the entire screen.
When the main recording panel appears, the system audio and microphone icons should be highlighted in green, which tells you that the call recorder will capture both your voice and the voice of other people in the conversation. You can select the audio input device by opening the list above the microphone icon and clicking the appropriate device from the list.
- Capture your Skype conversation
To record a Skype call, click the record button. You can control the recording process by clicking the pause or stop button in the program interface. You can also use the compact control bar located at the top of the captured frame.
- Cut and convert recordings (optional)
You can cut the unnecessary part by positioning the marker at the beginning of the unnecessary part of the video. Click the scissors button, set the markers at the beginning and end of the unnecessary clips, and then click the trash can icon to delete them. Repeat if necessary.
Click Export to continue. You can choose a format for the recorded video by selecting one of the format options. Select MP3, save the recording file and MP4 video recording. Click the save button.
Record Skype Calls and Videos with Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is another great Skype recording software that can record Skype video along with audio. Read on to learn more on how to record Skype calls.
- Install Skype recorder
Firstly, download Icecream Screen Recorder and complete its setup process. After installation, run the program on your computer to record Skype calls.
- Adjust recording settings
Open the “Settings” panel of the Skype recorder installed previously through Icecream Apps, and then enter the “Audio” tab. When you make a Skype video call, you need to record the Skype video of yourself speaking through the microphone and other users speaking through your speakers. Therefore, you need to enable both the “Record Audio” and “Record Microphone” options (if you only need to record the voice of the person you are talking to, only the “Record Audio” option is enabled). When the audio is played on your computer through the speakers and when you speak into the microphone, please check whether the equalizer bar is brightened to ensure that the correct audio and microphone devices are set in the Skype recorder.
If you want to record a video call, go to the “Video” tab of the “Settings” panel to customize the video quality and select the video format you want to record Skype to: MP4, AVI, MOV, or WebM.
- Record Skype calls and videos
Start Skype and prepare for a video call. Then click the “Capture Video” button to start selecting the area to be recorded. Click the “Rec” button on the Icecream Screen Recorder recording panel to record your ongoing Skype video call. If needed, click the “Pause/Resume” button (the same hotkey combination as the “Record” button) to pause and resume video recording. The “Stop” button (F8 combination by default) will stop the recording process and save the recording.
Skype Recorder is undoubtedly a key part of your Skype call recording work. As pointed out in the introduction, some third-party software has a better overall experience than Skype’s built-in recording function or ordinary screen recorder programs. All you have to do now is to choose a tool that suits you best, and then successfully complete satisfactory Skype call recording.